Tel;        01225 421839

Mobile; 077244 19619

Electricians in Bath ,Your home in safe hands.

AWP Electrical & Son LTD.

Domestic & Commercial Electrical Contractor.

 - Electricians in Bath - Electrical Installers - Electrical Installations in Bath - Electrical Contractors in Bath - Electrical Solutions - Electrician in Bath-

Follow us on facebook. Follow us on Twitter



What is an EICR?  Think of it as an MOT for your property which can flag up potential issues within your electrical system. The correct title is an Electrical Installation Condition Report. It is a fixed wiring test which is carried out throughout the property and focuses on the safety of the occupants or those who use the property.


If you are about to conduct a major renovation project or buying a new property it is advisable to conduct an E.I.C.R to give you an accurate picture of the condition of the electrical installation and wiring in the building.  In some cases it is a legal requirement to have one done at set periods of time. If you are a landlord then you will need to have one of these down to satisfy your local council that the property is safe to rent out.


What is a PAT test? The portable appliance test is designed to test the electrical safety of an appliance. Items like kettles, toasters and computers will need to comply with certain testing when used in environments such as schools, hotels, shops and landlord controlled properties.



If you are a landlord for one or multiple properties it is important to understand your obligations for electrical safety. HMO's must be tested every 5 years and checked for electrical safety and compliance to the latest wiring regulations. These checks are designed to help landlords achieve the acceptable standard and comply to local government rules. Did you know that any property that is not an HMO still needs to be tested as safe and it is the landlords obligation to prove the property is safe. Most responsible landlords should already be aware of this but if you’re a renter then you may not know. It is vital as a renter to ask for information regarding the current state of electrical safety within the property, if unsure when it was last checked then simply look at the sticker on the fuse box or consumer unit. If the information shows it is past its inspection then question why with the private landlord or agency involved, they have a duty of care towards anybody staying or using the property against gas or electrical issues. 

We can conduct several types of report for you including, home buyers, PAT, commercial EICR and landlords EICR. We can even do these for you out of normal working hours for businesses.